It is Thursday and it is snowing outside and so we are awake at 5 am listening for planes flying over. Yesterday, I called Horizon and managed to get us out of Wenatchee on a Friday flight (weather willing) because we are worried that snow might cause us to loose our connections to LA and then to NZ. We just heard the first plane fly out of Pangborn, so that is reassuring. Today is "last minute - oh I just remembered day". We have lists a mile long and are anxious to cross everything off them. Last night we "stuffed" our poor suitcases, got frustrated with the whole mess and decided to take a smaller 4th bag for shoes and something we can carry on with out any problems or delay in going through security. I hate the thought of lugging 4 bags for 3 months. But the 3 bags we packed are too full and too heavy, so 4 will make it much more manageable.
We are excited and anxious to get the long airport/flight "stuff" over with so we can embark on this great adventure. We have our books and iPods at the ready, also my camera is charged and I'll be taking plenty of pictures to share.
We've tried to hug as many friends and family as possible, but if we missed you, please consider yourself "hugged". We will miss you but look forward to making many new friends and memories.
We're outta here. See you in the land downunder!
Jon and Joyce
1 comment:
I know you two are going to have a fabulous time! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing the stories!
Post a Comment