That's Maori for "Hello" to one or more people. I'm really just having fun getting this blog organized (that's organised in NZ) and experimenting with my new card reader for my camera. Since we are not travelling with a computer (I am so glad!!!) I have to get all the gadgets for keeping everyone up-to-date on the goings and comings of the 2 norskes in New Zealand.
Last week we traveled to the Chelan Gorge and Chelan Butte to practice our geocaching skills. We are planning to do some caching and plant a few "travel bugs" while in NZ. It was my first time in the gorge and on the butte. Both were spectacular scenery and both caches were fun. I can understand why the butte is so popular with hang gliders (gotta be brave to jump off that mountain), beautiful rolling hills and not alot of rocks (for those bumpy landings). The gorge was equally gorge-ous (no pun there). OK, so we feel we know just enough to be dangerous with the geocaching stuff and so I decided to tackle the camera end of things. I went outside and took some pics in the backyard and will put a couple of them in this blog.
Eureka! I'm lovin' this stuff! Bye for now. Oops, I should say "haere ra". I think it may take a little longer to learn the language than it does to download pictures. Can you say
I-N-T-U-I-T-I-V-E? I'm off to the book store to find "Maori for Dummies"
Joyce
1 comment:
Congratulations. I want to establish a blog also, so you are inspirational! Good luck on your trip. Keep me on the list.
Jim Russell
Post a Comment